The UEPC served as the external evaluator for the Salt Lake Valley Science and Engineering Fair (SLVSEF).
- The purpose of the evaluation was to assess the impact of SLVSEF on students, judges, teachers, and the University of Utah. Evaluation questions included:
- Does attending SLVSEF increase the chances of a student attending the University of Utah or other institutions of higher learning?
- What is the percentage of underserved students participating in SLVSEF?
- What are the attitudes of students and parents toward the University of Utah and higher education?
- What are the attitudes of University of Utah faculty and staff toward SLVSEF?
- The mixed method evaluation included both formative and summative components, as well as process and outcome assessments.
Contact us to learn more about this work.