The UEPC evaluated the Performance-based Compensation Pilot Program. This program provided bonuses paid to teachers based on areas of student learning gains, instructional quality, and parent satisfaction.
- The purpose of the evaluation was to assess the implementation of the program and the impact of the program on teachers and students.
- The research found that:
- The average bonus paid to teachers was $1,783 but only half of the teachers indicated that the reward was sufficient compensation for program participation,
- About half of the teachers agreed that the program improved the learning experience for students.
- The program had no significant impact on student standardized test scores.
- This evaluation used mixed-methods including multi-level regression, interviews, surveys, and focus groups.